Here is a quick summary of the main points our health guarantee. You can read the full details on the site.
Our Maine Coon cats are vaccinated against Feline Rhinotracheitis Virus, Calci Virus, Pneumonitis and Rabies. Graro is a 'closed' private cattery, which eliminates any chance of contamination by bacteria, viruses, fungi, etc.
- Before a kitten leaves us, it will be vet-checked and given a minimum of its first series of Distemper shots.
- We DO NOT vaccinate against feline Leukemia but we do test our breeding cats to make sure they have never been exposed.
- Although It is up to the Buyer to choose whether or not to vaccinate additionally with the FeLV vaccine when a kitten is older, however this is not recommended.
- Our kittens are guaranteed FeLV & FIV neg at the time of purchase.
- NYS Pet Lemon Law
- A health history is given at time of sale.
- As a result of our using these precautionary measures, there has never been any clinical evidence of rabies, feline leukemia or severe upper respiratory infections, in the cattery, as certified by the exclusive veterinarian, (name supplied upon request)
- There are 2 contracts to sign:
- NYS Lemon Law
- Spay/neuter and no declawing.
Sent prior to sale, to read, both will be filled out at time of sale.
We achieve this standard by disallowing the following at our Maine Coon Cattery:
- Stud service
- Visiting queens
- Cat show exhibiting
- The handling of breeding stock by visitors
- Stray animals on our property by use of a security system
- The introduction of new breeding stock without a quarantine period
Our kittens are guaranteed FeLV-FIV negative at the time of purchase and must be checked by Buyers Vet within 14 business days.